- -different in looks that exist within the different subculture
- Identify what are the the theme/motif’s
*spooner: British, 70s in what, why do they come from gothic literature
- Jackelye + Hyde- Inspiration
*Spooner- outsiders / stereotype
- combination- victorian + punk, what is elaborate jewellery,what is vamp make-up.
- Hodkinson- dark/ macabre theme? what are they? visually representing
- .not as straight froward as it would seem
- Relations between fabrics and colour, objects how do they link?
- which bits have too influences and the new bits
- bits that are not from victorian era
- elements of victorian fashion
- victorian – modern reworking
- themness- ghost, -undead -in-between bodies, in-between identities outsiders/not fitting in with societies norms
gothic Novels -Frankenstein, Dracula, Dr Jekile and Hyde
- undead-neither living or dead
- romance-sex-penertratse other people
- they don’t age/resurfacing
- no social norms
- frankenstein, body parts of corp’s, liminal/death and decay- caught between two bodies
- lace-Victorian morning dress
- spiders/insects-link to use in the ground and decay
- decay- a theme victorian literature
- rags- motfits/ripped items
- fetidh scene/pvc and rubber
- punk qualities
- 90s-punk and rock- coloured hair evolves over time
- spikey hair- Weaponary
- far more skin
- netting- rip motifs-decay
- make-up/ look of death
- black eye liner- impression that your dead
Men and Women
*contempary Goth/techo goth
- new feature
- more colours
- 90s Conations
- stil corset
- decay and limmilaty motif
- Goggles-steam punk
- modern designers gothic theme- accusing motifs
- alexander McQueen
*spooner-putting things together that don’t belong
-just the way we artists put things things together to be creative, things that art normal used together, but used to test the norms to create indecent unique pieces.
Our first visit in Cardiff was the national museum. In the ceramic room i found my first interest. It was full of inspirational pattern and colour. I felt the pattern was full of historical meaning, it made me realise who much i love patterns, which is something that has inspired me previously. Theres so much detail in the design, I found real appreciation while looking at a the work, and the time and work that went into it.. I always been interested in ceramics, but i find it overwhelming to have such a variety in one room. I also think ceramics is a great thing to sketch and get used to drawing shapes and working on composition.
The bay is one of my favourite places to visit, however this time i wanted to look at the details, and something that i possibly hadn’t seen or noticed before. Doing so i happened to notice the street lights, and it reminded me of my home village. The shapes of street lights, has a great resemblance of the lamps that were used in the mines. Which have a very symbolic and sentimental feeling in a valley village like mine. I felt the sense of history and culture.
Art has a great deal to dod with Cardiff Bays beauty. There are various sculptures which symbolises the history and journey of Cardiff bays history. The one i found extremely emotional is the seaport war memorial. the artist captured a great sense of sorrow and emotion, by using an unique way of combining the people with the water. Which i think is so important to the locals of the bay. As a whole, the bay is a great place to get to know the beautiful city, i am very proud to call it my home city.
I also took some time in the national history museum, which is something i don’t normally show interest in. As science and archaeology is something i don’t concentrate on. However i thought it would be a great way to get out of my comfort zone and look at something that i wouldn’t normally take interest in. In doing so, i came across marine life, and made me realise that a theres so many differ things that can interest me, it was a great learning curve for me. The marine life gave me great opportunity to take pictures of shapes and colour, and also learn something about animals and underwater plants that a i never knew before.
This is your very first post. Click the Edit link to modify or delete it, or start a new post. If you like, use this post to tell readers why you started this blog and what you plan to do with it.