Project Development/ Changes

I’ll start by sharing the original and changed cards so you can see how much I have changed.

IMG_3784

 

 

From feedback from last term I had few things to do. My first and easiest job was to change the lining of my logo which I did.

I also tried to tackle my feedback on how my cards maybe too complicated, too busy and too heavy. Therefore I felt that the cards had to be complete changed and reprinted. Thinking about this I also thought about positive feedback i had on how well my surface pattern, and I was naturally making patterns.

Thinking about this, I realised that using digital pattern and screen print was making the card too busy. There was too much going on, especially with the colour boarder underneath. I decided that just using digital repeats and pattern would work much better.

I then created all 8 design digitally creating digital patterns for all cards. I think this way it shows off the drawings more and also fits well with the stitch. I also think it strengths my colour which was another criticism was that my designs I originally done where loosing my effective colour palette.

The hardest part of redoing the cards was the colour border around at the back of the stitched patch. I experimented and went back and for with tutors in order to get this right on the card, as I think this is what makes or breaks my card. Though lots of experimenting I decided to use half circle and half rectangle, all with a painted border. I think this fitted in well with the painted patterns. It ment the lines werent so straight and too in your face. ( I will do an addition blog about my experimentation).

I also added an additional box element to te back of mt card, in order to answer my one of my feedbacks that it wasnt clear what the card was, whether it was a card, gift, soup gift, patch gift. I needed to make this simple and clear on the card.

back of card dark light green

I thought this clearly indicated what the card was and what it can be used for. I also used the full colour for all teh backs of teh cards, depending on the colour of the colored shape on the front.

I also changed the envelopes, so the pattern on the surface of the card was all over envelope and the colour border of the coloured shape was on the front.

Overall I am very pleased how the final adjustment look. I think they look much more professional and effective. I think I needed to use my strength and create digital patterns. It has definitely be a learning curve for me, I defiantly learnt took this into my final collection project and concentrated on my paintings and pattern making. As a result of doing this I think my design are the professional I have ever done.

Advertisements

Published by

yasminfroude

I am a textiles student. Leaning and experimenting with the beauty that is textiles. I want to share my journey and experience, doing what I love and learning along the way.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s