I started to experiment with my original designs. I started arranging them differently, by using different compositions, sizes after still going this I realised that the designs where not working. Therefore I knew I had to make new ones so I scanned in al my paintings again and make the designs again.
I started with this tomato print and started, and continued to change the rest.
After experimenting and changing the repeats, I then experimented with colour and shapes to see if full colour would create better a better composition or just coloured block shapes behind the patches would still be more suitable. However it still wasnt working, colour wasnt fitting right and something was missing.
I also then started experimented with creating more of a paint effect with the backing shape of the patch. I then thought that it was too simple and needed more, it wasnt giving the right shape and arrangement I was looking for. I then started to experiment more with different colours and layers. I think the layering the different painting colours like the last image. I think it’s the most effective composition out of the lot. I will do this with all the other designs and experiment with different shapes and colours.
When looking at my leek design I knew that the shape wasnt flattering and the shape wasnt effective. I then thought maybe changing it all together would be a better solution. I then chose to make the pumpkin the patch as it was more suited to the rest of my designs and a better over all composition for the card.